I’d like to share with you how we can cook Korean BBQ short ribs in a frying pan. Let’s get started!
Korean BBQ Short Ribs Recipe
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: overnight
Cook time: 10 minutes
Beef and marinade:
2 pounds beef short ribs, flanken cut
1 Korean pear, cut into small pieces, pureed
¾ onion, cut into small pieces, pureed
6 garlic cloves, pureed
2 slices ginger, pureed
1 kiwi, pureed
¼ cup water
½ cup soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice wine
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil, for cooking
- First, in a large bowl, add the beef short ribs, and about 4 cups of water. Message it a little. Let it soak for 10 minutes to remove the blood and gamey taste.
- To prepare the marinade, peel the Korean pear, and cut it into small pieces. You could also replace it with an apple or use both of them.
- Cut the onion into small pieces.
- Place the pear, onion, garlic, ginger, kiwi, and water into your blender or food processor. The kiwi will help to tenderize the beef. Puree everything.
- Transfer the puree to a large bowl. Also mix in the soy sauce, rice wine, honey, sesame oil, and black pepper.
- Drain the beef and place them in a large Ziploc bag. Pour in the marinade. Let it marinate overnight.
- To cook them on a frying pan, first, drain the beef, and pat dry with paper towels. Otherwise, the beef won’t brown on the pan.
- In a frying pan, over medium-high heat, add the vegetable oil and the beef. Cook until browned for about 2 minutes. Flip, and cook the other side until browned as well, 2 minutes. Cook the rest of the beef. (Of course, you can also cook this on a grill or in the oven.)
- Serve! You can cut the beef short ribs with kitchen shears.