Lots of delicious goodies are wrapped inside a cucumber ribbon. It looks like a zongzi but tastes like a super refreshing cucumber wrap. Let’s get started with these Creative Cucumber Wraps (Cucumber Zongzi)!
Serving: 24 pieces
Prep time: 45 minutes
For the cucumber wraps:
1 cup steamed corn
1 cup steamed peas
1 large English cucumber
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1 small shallot, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro stems, minced
For the sauce:
3 medium (6 tablespoons) lime
6 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons sugar
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium red finger pepper, sliced
- To make the sauce, roll the lime on the counter for 10 seconds. Slice the lime in half. In a bowl, squeeze the juice inside. Do the same with the other limes.
- In the same bowl, add the fish sauce, sugar, garlic, and red finger pepper (or other red chili peppers, and opt it out if you can’t eat spicy food). Whisk and set aside.
- To make the filling, in a mixing bowl, toss in the steamed corn, steamed peas, tomatoes, shallot, cilantro stems, and 2 tablespoons of the sauce. Whisk.
- To slice the cucumber, use a vegetable peeler, and slice the cucumber lengthwise into ribbons.
- To assemble, fold the cucumber ribbon into a cone. Fill up the cone with the filling. Fold the cucumber ribbon inward, and tuck the rest of it inside. Do the same with the rest.
- Serve the Creative Cucumber Wraps (Cucumber Zongzi) with the sauce on the side.