Today let’s make Teriyaki Chicken. The chicken is very juicy on the inside. The skin is pan-fried until golden brown. And it’s coated with sweet and sticky teriyaki sauce.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 pieces chicken thighs, skin-on, boneless
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons mirin wine
3 tablespoons sake
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
Teriyaki Chicken Instructions
- To prepare the chicken thighs, remove the extra fat and skin. Slice the chicken meat, about 1 inch apart, without cutting all the way through, so the chicken will absorb more flavors and cook faster. Use a paper towel to scrub on the skin to remove any hair.
- Season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- To make the sauce, in a bowl, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, sake, water, sugar, and ginger.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the extra light olive oil, place in the chicken with skin side down, and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Remove the extra oil in the pan.
- Flip the chicken, pour in the sauce, cover the lid, turn to low heat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Flip the chicken, cover, and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Uncover the lid, over high heat, and cook until the sauce is reduced, 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and cut it into small pieces. Enjoy!