Watch this video and master Red Bean Mochi recipe in just a few minutes! Ellie and Emma will be joining me today as well. Let’s get started with this super delicious Red Bean Mochi recipe!
Serves: 12 pieces red bean mochi
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
10 ounces red bean paste
2 cups sweet rice flour, or glutinous rice flour, separated
½ cup superfine sugar
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon avocado oil, for brushing
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
Red Bean Mochi Instructions
- Divide the red bean paste into 12 pieces (there might be a little more here, we can save those up for next time.) and roll each into a ball. Cover them up with a plastic wrap.
- In a pan over medium-low heat, add 1/2 cup of sweet rice flour, and stir until cooked for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk in 1 1/2 cups of sweet rice flour, superfine sugar, and water.
- In a heatproof container, brush a light layer of oil on it. Pour the mixture inside. Cover it up with foil paper.
- In a large steamer over high heat, bring water to a boil. Transfer in the container and steam for 20 minutes until completely cooked. Cool down for 5 minutes.
- On a working surface, dust it with a layer of cooked sweet rice flour.
- (Since the dough won’t stick to any plastic material, I’m wearing a food-graded plastic glove.) Transfer the dough to the working surface. Also, dust a thin layer of cooked sweet rice flour on top of the dough.
- Divide it into 12 pieces.
- Place a filling on a piece of dough, and wrap and seal it. Dust additional cooked sweet rice flour if it’s sticky. Roll with your hands until it becomes a round shape.
- Do the same with the rest.