Today we are going to make soft-boiled ramen eggs (Ajitsuke Tamago Recipe). It’s a perfect topping for ramen or as a side dish. Let’s get started with this amazing ramen egg recipe!
Ramen Eggs Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Rest time: Overnight and 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
5 large (60g or 2.1oz) eggs
1 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons mirin
3 tablespoons sake
Ramen Eggs Instructions
- To prepare the eggs, poke a tiny hole by the base of each egg. (Soft-boiled eggs are harder to peel than hard-boiled eggs, so this will make the peeling process a lot easier. You’ll see. And, it won’t leak, so don’t worry!)
- To boil the eggs, in a pot of water, bring it to a boil, carefully place in the eggs. Boil the eggs for 6 minutes. (For the first 2 minutes, constantly stir, so the egg yolks will be in the center.)
- Place the eggs in cold running water, or ice water, and let them cool completely for 10 minutes.
- To make the marinating liquid, in a small pot over medium heat, pour in the chicken stock, soy sauce, mirin, and sake. Stir and bring it to a boil for 1 minute. (Traditionally, Japanese use Chashu stock to marinate eggs, but when you don’t have the stock, this is how you can make it. It will be just as delicious!) Set aside to cool completely.
- To peel the eggs, gently tap each egg with a teaspoon everywhere. Peel it inside the water. Repeat with the rest.
- Place the eggs in the marinating liquid. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
4 thoughts on “How to Make Ramen Eggs (Ajitsuke Tamago Recipe)”
Very very very good,I like it ❤️❤️❤️
Thanks a ton, Pearl! 🙂
Love your receipes! Thank you for sharing!
It’s my pleasure! Thank you for stopping by! 🙂