Today let’s cook stir fry shrimps with mushrooms. In Chinese it’s called 油爆蝦仁. It’s a traditional Cantonese dish. I’m sure you are going love it. Because the shrimps are going to be so bouncy and succulent!
1 lb of shrimps
A bit of scallions, ½ inch pieces
A bit of gingers, sliced
1 fl oz of carrots, sliced
1 fl oz of Chinese mushrooms, sliced
A dash of salt and sugar
1 /2 of an egg white
1 /2 teaspoon of cornstarch mix with 1 tablespoon of water
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
A pinch of white pepper
A dash of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of corn starch with 1 table spoon of water
1. Mix the shrimps with the above marination seasonings for about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl make sauce: add salt, sugar, pepper, sesame oil, oil, corn starch water
3. We are going to blanch the mushrooms for about 30 second. By doing this, we shorten the stir fry time frame later on. Then put it aside.
4. Add 2 cups of oil in high heat and quickly fried the shrimps for about 30 second until they turn pinkish color. By doing this, we are making the texture of the shrimps crispier. Then put aside.
5. Add oil and stir fried scallions, gingers, mushrooms, and add 2 tablespoons of stock.
6. Add shrimps, and the sauce slowing while stirring, lastly add a bit of oil to make the color more vibrant.