Chinese Stir Fry Shrimps with Mushrooms
Today let’s cook stir fry shrimps with mushrooms. In Chinese, it’s called 油爆蝦仁. It’s a traditional Cantonese dish. I’m sure you are going to love it, because the shrimps are going to be so bouncy and succulent!
1 lb of shrimps
A bit of scallion ½ inch pieces
A bit of ginger, sliced
1 fl oz of carrots, sliced
1 fl oz of Chinese mushrooms, sliced
A dash of salt and sugar
1 /2 of an egg white
1 /2 teaspoon of cornstarch mix with 1 tablespoon of water
1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of sugar
A pinch of white pepper
A dash of sesame oil
1 teaspoon of corn starch with 1 tablespoon of water
1. Mix the shrimps with the marinade seasoning for about 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl make the sauce: add salt, sugar, pepper, sesame oil, oil, corn starch water
3. We are going to blanch the mushrooms for about 30 seconds. By doing this, we shorten the stir fry time later on. Then put it aside.
4. Add 2 cups of oil to high heat and quickly fry the shrimps for about 30 seconds until they turn a pinkish color. By doing this, we are making the texture of the shrimps crispier. Then put aside.
5. Add oil and stir-fried scallions, gingers, mushrooms, and add 2 tablespoons of stock.
6. Add shrimps, and the sauce slowing while stirring, lastly add a bit of oil to make the color more vibrant.
Put onto a plate and enjoy!