Today I’d like to share with you a Crispy Fried Pork Belly recipe. Because a lot of pork fat comes out during frying, so it’s not greasy. It’s crispy on the outside, juicy, and tender on the inside. Let’s get started with Crispy Fried Pork Belly!
Crispy Fried Pork Belly Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes
Rest time: Overnight
Cook time: 10 minutes
2 pounds pork belly, with skin
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons Shaoxing wine
2 tablespoons honey
Pinch of five-spice powder
Pinch of white pepper
1 1/2 cup tapioca starch, coarse
4 cups canola oil
- The night before, use a fork to lightly stab the pork all over. (This will tenderize the meat.)
- To marinate the pork, in a bowl, mix in the soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, honey, five-spice powder, and white pepper.
- Transfer the pork to a large Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Squeeze most of the air out of the Ziploc bag and seal it. Distribute and rub the marinade all over the meat.
- Place the bag in the fridge and marinate overnight, flipping it about halfway through.
- The next day, in a large bowl, transfer in the tapioca starch.
- Dip the pork belly in the tapioca starch. Rest on a plate for 5 minutes.
- Dip the pork belly in the tapioca starch again. Rest on a plate.
- In a pot, pour in the canola oil. Over medium heat, heat it to 325°F/163°C.
- Carefully transfer the pork belly into the oil, and deep fry for 6 minutes until golden brown, or the internal temperature is 145°F/63°C.
- Remove the pork belly and place it on a paper towel-lined plate. Rest for a few minutes before cutting.