Today I’d like to share with you 3 tomatoes and eggs recipes. Let’s stir fry tomatoes and eggs, bake tomatoes and eggs, and pan fry tomatoes and eggs! These are going to be SO delicious!
1. Tomatoes and Eggs Stir Fry
3 tablespoons extra light olive oil, separated
2 large beef tomatoes, wedged
2 stalk scallions, separated the green and white parts, thinly sliced
1/6 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup water
1tablespoon cornstarch slurry (1 tablespoon cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water
8 eggs, whisked
- In a large bowl, crack in the eggs, and whisk. Add the salt to the eggs. Whisk again. Set aside.
- In a wok, over high heat, heat it until smoking hot. Then turn to medium heat, add in 1 tablespoon of extra light olive oil, the white part of scallions, and tomatoes. Stir a little, also add in the salt, ketchup, sugar, and water. Stir and cook until softened for about 2 minutes. Add in the cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. Remove and set aside.
- In the same wok, over high heat, heat it until smoking hot. Turn to medium heat, add 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil, and pour in the eggs. Scramble until half cooked.
- Return the tomatoes. And stir-fry them together. Lastly, add in the green part of scallions.
2. Tomato and Eggs Rolls
1/4 beef tomato, finely diced
5 eggs, whisked
1 stalk scallions, thinly sliced.
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
2 tablespoons extra light olive oil, separated
- In a large bowl, crack the eggs, and whisk. Add in the tomato, scallions, salt, and sugar. Whisk together.
- In a flat bottom pan, over low heat, and the extra light olive oil. Add about a cup of the egg mixture to the pan. Let it cook for about 2 minutes until it’s halfway done.
- Then roll it up with a spatula until it’s about halfway rolled up. Next, slide the egg roll to the center of the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of extra light olive oil to the pan, and ½ cup of the mixture to the front side of the pan.
- Then repeat the steps until all the egg mixture is cooked.
- Remove from the pan.
- Rest it for a few minutes before slicing it.
3. Bake Tomatoes and Eggs
2 beef tomatoes
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Scallions, for garnish
- Cut off the top of the tomato, and cut out the center of the tomato.
- Crack the egg inside the tomato.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper over the egg
- In a preheated oven, 400 degrees F (204 degrees C), bake for 20 minutes.