Today, I’d like to share with you my mom’s Noodles with Soybean Paste and Pork Belly Recipe (Zha Jiang Mian). She used to cook it at least once a week just because I loved it so much. It’s the taste of home, joy, and happiness. So I hope that Noodles with Soybean Paste (Zha Jiang Mian) will also bring you, lots of happiness this Mother’s Day. To celebrate this special holiday, I’m partnering with Knorr Liquid Seasoning. It’s makes everything taste so much tastier! Let’s get started!
Servings: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
For the sauce:
1 cup soybean paste
1/2 cup sweet bean sauce (Tian Mian Jiang)
2 tablespoons Knorr Liquid Seasoning
2 tablespoons rice wine
½ pound pork belly, cut into bite-size pieces
½ cup onion, thinly sliced
3 slices ginger
2 stalks scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
6 sprigs cilantro, cut into 2-inch pieces
1 star anise
For the vegetables:
1 English cucumber, julienned
½ carrot, julienned
1 1/2 cup bean sprouts
For the noodles:
1 pound fresh wheat noodles
1. In a bowl, mix in the yellow soybean paste, sweet bean paste, and Knorr Liquid Seasoning (It brings out the umami flavor. It’s the perfect all-around companion in the kitchen as you can use it to cook, marinate, sprinkle, and serve as dipping sauce! It will instantly become your favorite seasoning!), and rice wine. Whisk. Set aside.
2. To make the sauce: in a pan, over high heat, add in the pork belly. Stir-fry until golden brown, and a lot of oil has come out from it, 10 minutes. Take out the pork belly and set it aside.
3. In the same pan, with the remaining oil, over low heat, add in the onion, ginger, scallions, cilantro, and star anise. Cook until they are lightly browned, 5 minutes. Take out the aromatic. Leave the oil in the pan.
4. In the same pan, over medium heat, add in the sauce. Let it simmer for 10 minutes. Constantly stir.
5. Turn to low heat, and return the pork belly. And let it cook for another 5 minutes. Constantly stir. Turn off the heat. Set aside.
6. To blanch the bean sprouts bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the bean sprouts for 20 seconds. Take them out and set them aside.
7. To cook the noodles, bring the same water to a boil. Cook until al dente, 5 minutes. Rinse under running water.
8. Serve the noodles in a large bowl, with the sauce, and vegetables.