During spring and summer, you can find the sweetest pineapples. And today I’m partnering with Knorr, and I’ll use Knorr Liquid Seasoning to make the best Pineapple Fried Rice.
Knorr Liquid Seasoning brings out the umami flavor. It’s the perfect all-around companion in the kitchen as you can use it to cook, marinate, sprinkle, and serve as a dipping sauce! Just one bottle inspires you with endless creations! Knorr Liquid Seasoning is available at your local grocery store. For more delicious recipes, follow @CookWithKnorr on social media!
Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
Serves: 2 to 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
For the steamed rice:
1 cup jasmine rice, rinsed
1 cup water
For the fried rice:
½ large pineapple
3 tablespoons avocado oil, separated
1 cup shrimp, peeled and deveined
¼ medium onion, diced
¼ cup peas, steamed
¼ cup carrots, diced and steamed
2 large eggs, whisked
Pinch of salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 tablespoon Knorr Liquid Seasoning
2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
Pineapple Fried Rice Instructions
To cook the steamed rice:
- In a rice cooker, add the rinsed jasmine rice and water. Use the setting for rice and cook.
- Transfer the steamed rice to a plate. (You can stir-fry it immediately. But it’s best to let it come to room temperature, cover it up, and store it in the fridge overnight. So there’s less moisture to it, and it will easily be separated.)
To make the pineapple bowl:
- Slice around the edges of the pineapple. Cut out the core by the center, and remove it. (The texture of the core is a bit tough, so you can save this part for smoothies or marinades.)
- Take out the pineapple chunks. Scoop out the rest of the pineapple. (Save these for smoothies or marinades.) Reserve the pineapple bowl.
- Dice the pineapple chunks into small pieces.
To stir-fry the fried rice:
- In a wok over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of avocado oil (or oil of your choice), and add the shrimp. Stir-fry until pink for about 1 minute. Remove and set it aside.