Everyone can make Chinese steamed eggs. They are so easy and you only need a few ingredients. But how do you make it super silky with no air bubbles? Stay tuned!
Chinese Steamed Eggs Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
5 large (1 cup) eggs
1/10 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups lukewarm chicken stock (between 98 to 105 degrees F)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Chinese Steamed Eggs Instructions
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and salt. Whisk. Pour in the lukewarm chicken stock. (The ratio of eggs to liquid is about 1 to 1.5) Whisk.
- Through a fine mesh strainer, pour the egg mixture into the serving bowl. (So there are no more air bubbles.)
- In a steamer over high heat, bring water to a boil. Turn to low heat, place in the serving bowl, and cover it with a plate. (This would prevent any water droplets from falling on the eggs and creating uneven surfaces.) Cover the lid, and steam until the eggs are cooked through, about 13 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and let it rest in the pot for 2 minutes before uncovering. Uncover, and carefully remove the serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the sesame oil and serve!