This is the perfect Pan Fry Lemongrass Pork Chop recipe! It’s super easy and yet loaded with flavors!
Lemongrass Pork Chop Recipe
Makes: 6 pork chops
Prep time: 15 minutes
Rest time: Overnight
Cook time: 15 minutes
For the pork loin and marinade:
6 pieces pork loin, boneless, 1/3 inch thick, 2 pounds
2 stalks lemongrass, white part, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ shallot, minced
6 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoon extra light olive oil, separated
For the dipping sauce:
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
4 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bird’s eye chili, chopped
1 tablespoon carrot, julienned
For the scallion oil:
2 stalks scallions, thinly sliced
4 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- Score the fat, cutting through every inch, so the pork chops won’t curl up. Use the back of your knife to pound and tenderize the pork chops.
- To make the marinade, in a bowl, mix in the fish sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, 1 tablespoon extra light olive oil, garlic, lemongrass, and shallot. Whisk.
- In a large Ziploc bag, transfer in the pork chops, and pour in the marinade. Give it a good mix. Marinate overnight in the fridge.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix in the fish sauce, sugar, water, lime juice, rice vinegar, garlic, bird eye chili, and whisk in a bowl.
- To make the scallion oil, over medium heat, add the extra light olive oil and the scallions in a small pan. Cook until aromatic, 30 seconds. Set aside.
- In a pan, over high heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra light olive oil. Then transfer in the pork chops. Pan fry until the surface is golden brown, 30 seconds on each side. Then turn to medium heat, and cook for another 3 minutes on each side.
- Let rest for a few minutes before enjoying!