The chicken thighs are pan-fried until juicy and golden brown, then they are simmered with a delicious honey garlic sauce. Let’s get started with this fantastic Honey Garlic Chicken recipe!
Honey Garlic Chicken Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 pieces chicken thighs, skin-on, boneless
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 tablespoon avocado oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoon honey
1 cup water
2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Remove the extra skin and fat.
- Slice the chicken meat, about 1 inch apart, without cutting all the way through (so the chicken will absorb more flavors and cook faster).
- Use a paper towel to scrub on the skin, and remove any pinfeather.
- Season them with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl, mix together the garlic, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and water. Whisk and set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the avocado oil (or other high-smoking point oil). Transfer the chicken inside, skin side down, and pan fry until golden brown for 3 minutes. Flip the chicken, and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove the extra oil from the pan.
- Over low heat, flip the chicken to the skin side down. Pour the sauce inside, and cook for about 6 minutes. Flip the chicken and cook for another 6 minutes.
- Over high heat, cook until the sauce is reduced for about 5 minutes.
- Serve directly or slice it into bite-size pieces. Stay positive, be kind, and happy cooking! Enjoy!
Did you know?
- According to traditional Chinese medicine, garlic kills germs and helps to fight infections. In ancient times, Chinese would eat garlic during New Year and Li Chun Day. It helps to revive Qi and protect themselves from evil spirits. So what do you think about garlic? Please comment below and let me know.