Chinese New Year is on 2/1 this year. I wish everyone a happy New Year! To celebrate this special holiday, I’m partnering with Knorr. I’ll use Knorr Shrimp Cube to make a super delicious seafood soup for this Chinese New Year. Knorr is also hosting awesome sweepstakes!
****** CLICK HERE FOR KNORR SWEEPSTAKES******
You could win a $1000 prize pack this Lunar New Year with Knorr!
Between January 10th and February 13th, there will be 10 lucky winners who will take home a cookware set worth $1,000 plus Moses Chan autographed recipe cards. To enter, cook your family’s favorite Lunar New Year dish using Knorr Chicken Powder, Knorr Liquid Seasoning, Knorr Bouillon Cubes, or Knorr Mushroom Flavored Seasoning, and upload the photo of your new year dinner in the link above. Good luck!
Chinese Seafood Soup Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 cups baby carrots, chopped
6 1/2 cups water, divided
1 Knorr Shrimp Cube
6 slices ginger
2 tablespoons rice wine
1 cup small shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 cup small scallops
1 cup littleneck clams, no shells
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons chopped scallions
Chinese Seafood Soup Instructions
- In a large bowl, place in the shrimp, scallops, and clams.
- In a pot of water over high heat, bring it to a boil, place in the ginger, and rice wine. Transfer in the shrimp, scallops, and clams, and quickly blanch them for 15 seconds. (By doing so, the fishy taste will be mostly removed.)
- Remove the shrimp, scallops, clams, and place them in ice water. (By doing so, they will stop cooking, and won’t be overcooked.) Remove the ginger, drain, and set aside.
- In a pot over high heat, bring 6 cups of water to a boil, place in the carrots, and boil for 10 minutes. Remove the carrots, reserve the water, and let the carrots cool for 5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the carrot and 1/2 cup of water, and purée until smooth. (If you have a hand blender, you could also blend it in the pot directly.)
- In the same pot of water over high heat, bring it to a boil. Transfer in the carrot puree and mix well. Also, add the Knorr Shrimp Cube and cook until dissolved. Return the shrimp, scallops, and clams. Bring it to a boil, pour in the cornstarch starch slurry (2 tablespoons cornstarch and 4 tablespoons water), and stir until thickened. Lastly, add the scallions. Enjoy!