I’d like to share with you my chili garlic sauce recipe that goes with almost everything! You can eat it with noodles, rice, and dumplings, or be creative about it. And comment below and let me know how you eat your chili sauce. Let’s get started!
Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce Recipe
Serving: 2 (8 oz) jars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
20 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Thai bird’s eye chili peppers, or replace with other chili peppers
2 cups finger hot peppers, or replace with other chili peppers
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 tablespoons rice wine
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups avocado oil, or replace it with other cooking oil of
3 slices ginger
1 bulb shallot, sliced
2 stalks scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup cilantro, cut into 1-inch pieces
Chinese Chili Garlic Sauce Instructions
- In a food processor, add the garlic, and coarsely grind it. Transfer it to a bowl.
- In the same food processor, and the bird’s eye chili peppers, and finger hot peppers (You could also replace them with other chili peppers that you enjoy.) Coarsely grind them. Transfer them to a bowl.
- To make the seasoning, in a bowl, add the rice vinegar (or other types of vinegar), rice wine (or omit it if you can’t consume alcohol), sugar, and salt. Whisk and set it aside.
- In a wok over low heat, add the avocado oil (or replace it with other cooking oil). Heat it for 3 minutes, and place in the ginger, shallot, scallions, and cilantro. Cook until browned for about 15 minutes. Remove the ingredients and reserve the oil in the wok.
- In the wok over low heat, place in the garlic, and chili peppers. Cook until most of the moisture comes out from the garlic and chili peppers, 20 minutes. Season with rice vinegar, rice wine, sugar, and salt. Whisk.
- Wait until slightly cool, and place in a sterilized container. Chill and store in the fridge for about 1 month.