Today I’d like to share with you my beef short ribs stew recipe. The beef short ribs will instantly melt in your mouth! It’s the best beef short ribs stew ever! Let’s get started!
Best Beef Short Ribs Stew Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours and 55 minutes
Beef Short Ribs Stew Ingredients：
3 ½ pounds beef short rib, bone-in
1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
3 sliced ginger
1 onion, cubed
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 pieces star anise
2 tablespoons tomato paste
8 cups chicken stock
4 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1/2 cup Shaoxing wine
1 piece rock sugar
2 bay leaves
1 1/2 cups mini carrots
- In a pot, over high heat, add the extra light olive oil. Transfer in the beef short ribs, cook until browned, 6 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, discard most of the oil. Over medium heat, transfer in the ginger and onion, and stir-fry until aromatic, 1 minute. Also, put in the cinnamon and star anise, cook for another 30 seconds. Put in the tomato paste, and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Over high heat, pour the chicken stock into the pot. And season with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, rock sugar, and bay leaves. Mix a little. Bring to a boil.
- Return the beef short ribs. After bringing it to a boil, turn to low heat and simmer for 2 hours.
- Skim off the fat on the top.
- Put the potatoes and carrots in the pot. And continue to simmer for another 40 minutes.
Wooden Cutting Boards Website — GOOD PRODUCTS FROM EUROPE： https://goodproductsfromeurope.com/