Stuffing mushrooms could be messy. Let me show you an awesome trick, so it’s easy and absolutely no mess involved. On top of that, it’s super juicy and tasty. It will become your new favorite recipe. Let’s get started!
Serving: 2 to 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
For the shrimp stuffed mushrooms:
1 pound white mushrooms
1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, and minced
Pinch of salt
Pinch of white pepper
1 large egg
3 tablespoons (¼ piece) carrot, minced
3 tablespoons cilantro stems, minced
3 tablespoons bamboo shoots, minced
½ teaspoon ginger, minced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons avocado oil
For the sauce:
1 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine, or other cooking wine
2/3 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
- After thoroughly cleaning the mushrooms, remove the stem of each mushroom. (You could also mince the stems and add them to the filling.) Do the same with the rest. Place the mushrooms on a plate.
- In a food processor, add the deveined shrimp and blend until it becomes a paste. (You could also replace it with a knife, and combine everything in a mixing bowl.) Also add the salt, white pepper, and egg. Thoroughly combined. Followed by minced carrots, cilantro stems, bamboo shoots, and ginger. Mix well.
- (This is the cooking trick that I’d like to share with you. Use a pastry bag or Ziploc bag for your filling.) Place the filling in a pastry bag or a Ziploc bag. Cut out the tip. Squeeze the filling in the mushrooms.
- In a bowl, add the soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine (or replace with other cooking wine, or opt it out if you can’t consume alcohol), water, and cornstarch slurry (2 teaspoons of cornstarch and 2 of tablespoons water). Whisk.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the avocado oil (or other cooking oil), and the stuffed mushrooms. Cook until aromatic for about 2 minutes. Pour in the sauce, cover the lid, and let it cook for another 3 minutes until completely cooked through. Serve!