Today I’m very excited because we are going to make Gingerbread Cookies. My little ones are going to join me as well. Let’s get started with this Mommy And Me Gingerbread Cookies Recipe and Merry Christmas everyone!
Prep time: 1 hour
Rest time: 1 hour
Cook time: 8 minutes
For the gingerbread cookie:
3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup (1 ½ sticks) unsalted butter, softened
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup unsulfured molasses
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the powdered sugar icing:
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 hand mixer
1 gingerbread cookie cutter (available on Amazon or specialty stores)
1 gingerbread cookie stamp (available on Amazon or specialty stores)
1 plastic squeeze bottle (available on Amazon or specialty stores)
Gingerbread Cookies Instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk in the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and brown sugar until fluffy, 2 minutes. Add the molasses, egg, and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, and gradually add in the flour mixture until it becomes crumbs.
- Knead with your hand until it becomes a piece of dough, 3 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half. Rest them in Ziploc bags. Chill for 1 hour until firm.
- On a lightly dusted working surface, roll a piece of dough into ¼ inch thick.
- Cut with a gingerbread cookie cutter. (For the little corners, we can make it into a dough, roll it out, and cut it into cookies again.)
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, place the cookies on top.
- In a preheated oven, bake the cookies for 8 minutes, 350°F (177 °C).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the powdered sugar icing, in a mixing bowl, transfer in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk together. Transfer the icing to a plastic squeeze bottle.
- Decorate the gingerbread cookies with icing or anything you like. You can be creative with it!