Hi all my foodies! Today I’m partnering with Sobaek Mountain-Sky Herb & Fruit’s apple juice. And I’d like to share with you an awesome recipe for this holiday, one pan braised chicken thighs with apple juice.
One Pan Braised Chicken Thighs in Apple Juice Recipe
Serves: 2 to 4 people
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
For the chicken thighs:
5 chicken thighs, bone-in, skin-on, about 3 pounds
2 cups apple juice from Sobaek Moutain-Sky Herb & Fruit
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
Pinch of white pepper
1 tablespoon extra light olive oil
10 garlic cloves, peeled
3 bay leaves
2 pieces star anise
- To marinate the chicken, in a bowl, mix in the apple juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and white pepper. Transfer in the chicken and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- To cook the chicken, first, remove the chicken from the marinade, and place it on a plate. Pad dry with paper towels. Reserve the marinade.
- Then in a pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of extra light olive oil. Place the chicken in the pan, skin side down, and cook until browned, for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves, star anises, and cinnamon and cook until the aroma comes out for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the marinade, cover the lid, and bring to a boil. Turn to medium-low heat, and simmer the chicken for about 45 minutes.